The web service is exposed as a WCF service. For simplicity here is how to consume the service from Microsoft Visual Studio:
- In Solution Explorer, right click the name of the project that you want to add the service to, and click Add Service Reference.
- The Add Service Reference dialog box appears.
- In the Add Service Reference dialog box, click Advanced.
- The Service Reference Settings dialog box appears.
- In the Service Reference Settings dialog box, click Add Web Reference.
- The Add Web Reference dialog box appears.
- In the URL box, enter the URL of the Web service.
- Select the RealTimeData Web Service.
- In the Web reference name field, enter a name that you will use in your code to access the selected Web service programmatically.
- Click Add Reference.
- If your project does not already have one, Visual Studio creates a WebReferences folder. It then creates files that are required for the proxy class using the name that you provided in step 9.
- Now you are ready to invoke the methods exposed in the service, and consume the data.
The service uses a session pattern internally. Your code will be required to open a session before trying to get any data. Once you are done getting the data your code should close the session.
Note: A refresh of data will be provided in 1 minute intervals. Requests sent to the API within sub one minute intervals will be ignored by the API.